Friday, June 14, 2013

Reds, Russets, Burgundy, with BLACK

Reds, Russets, Burgundy, with BLACK
and
Play Date Cafe meets FUSION

Sometimes when I drop my boy at Karate I peruse the local thrift shop.
Always looking for a good craft bargain.
Yesterday, I found this great buy,
a LARGE
Mesh background stamp for $2.99
(Yahooooooooo!!)
So I made a card (below) and also made another one for challenges.

Designer Paper: Basic Grey
Sentiment: Mamalephant
Die: Memory Box
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black
Stampin' Up! Ticket Corner Punch









 

I randomly stamped the large background in the center in Brilliance Pearlescent Poppy.

 


I Die cut butterflies in Black and then popped up the lovely bold paper butterflies on top.
Added a few black enamel dots.


Imaginations Stamp

Memory Box Darla Butterfly





 
 
 


Anonymous said...

Wow!I love this Kimberly-gorgeous butterflies,that paper is just so pretty-and what a fabby crafty find !
Nessa xx

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful butterfly cards. Especially love the first one with the layers. Neat background too!

Michelle said...

I really like these. You are a talented woman!

Lyndal said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous cards Kimberly -the butterflies look fantastic in the Basic Grey papers!
So glad you joined in the fun experimenting at the FUSION Card Challenge - hope to see you again soon!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Oh...hadn't seen this one... this one might be my fave!

~amy~ said...

Love the butterflies...awesome buy at the thrift store! Thanks for playing with us at Fusion!

Kara Lynne said...

Oh, so gorgeous!! I love your backgrounds and the papers on your butterflies. Yippee for a great find!

Alicia said...

Another stunner of a card, those butterflies are lovely. Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe this week! :)

Unknown said...

All of your cards are so pretty...love the butterflies. Thanks for joining us this week at Fusion.

Danni said...

Gorgeous card! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

Linda said...

Oh my, such gorgeous butterflies. Your card is so elegant.

sparkling stamper said...

Absolutely stunning. I saw your card at Fusion and just had to comment!

Darnell said...

We love your work, Kimberly! Congratulations on another HM win from your Fusion peers!!

anya said...

Gorgeous, I love that swirly background you created against the graphic butterfly! So glad you could join us for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge!

© wienerhoneymooners. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.