Saturday, June 1, 2013

The World Would be boring....Playdate Cafe!

The World Would be boring....The Play Date Café!
 
The smoky plums in the inspiration photo
intrigued me.
I always tend to lean toward going so literal in my interpretations of the sketch or the photo
that it trips me up.
Does that ever happen to you?
Do you ever just try too hard at it?

Well, it happens to me.  (smiles) 
Don't let it get you down, we all have better work than at other times.  Sometimes we are just more inspired that at other times too.
Just keep going forward!
 
I noticed in some perusing of cards that one I found had an ombre effect and it appealed to me.
I knew if I attempted it in purples that I wouldn't want it on a large scale.
Maybe a strip.
 
So here is my interpretation of the The Play Date Café photo:
I hope that it makes you think of a card design so that you may play along!
 
Supplies:
Lawn Fawn Summertime Charm and Die (flower)
Sentiment: Penny Black Tweet Tweet
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black
Brilliance Orchid
Encore Metallic Purple
Versamagic Pink Petunia
Ranger Pearlescent Liquid Pearls Cantaloupe
Sequins Darice
 
Close up on the wee flowers with the liquid pearls "dotted"

 
 
 
 

~amy~ said...

This is stunning!

Shannon J said...

Oh man, I am loving your cards! This one is awesome! Your colour blending creates a very cool mood and makes for an incredible result!

Michelle said...

How did I miss this? This is Fantastic! I love the way the colors weld together. Beautiful!

Rachel said...

lovely interpretation of the colors. your little details are stunning (those little pearls! gorg!) Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com

© wienerhoneymooners. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.