Wednesday, September 2, 2015

MUSE: Christmas Visions #18

Hello Muse Christmas Visions FANS!
Today I bring a FUN technique.

Masking Embossed images and
Distressing inks over them!
Faux stained glass!

Using Hero Arts Kelly Purkey
Christmas Set




I stamped a tree image three times on thin paper and 
cut it out to lay out my design and use as a mask.
I stamped and embossed the first tree on the left
and carefully embossed it in Ranger Gold.
Using a cutout, I masked it and stamped the next tree, 
then the next, with the bird last.
Using distress markers I scribbled the colors in.
To keep it warmer I used kraft 
card stock to finish. 

This sort of reminds me of stained glass...
What do you think?

The price point is great
at $8.00 for this set
and good sized images.
Not that any of us need more...(like me)
Just sayin'! 

(you can check it out here....)
Image 1

===========================================

Check out the Card Club Sight!

Put this badge on your blog and join along!
Before NO time you will have a stack
of GORGEOUS cards the envy of MANY!
...and you will pat yourself on the back!


Now it is your turn to get crafty!!!............

Thanks for coming by my blog!


----------------

Create, Enjoy
Live, Laugh
and 
LOVE!

========================================= 

Chriss Blagrave said...

Gorgeous card, Kimberly! Love the stained glass effect and that stamp set pointer...)))))
I hope to play this week!

Happy Dance said...

Wow, Kimberly! This is some special card!! I can't even begin to imagine all the work that went into it, and it was sooooo worth it. This is simply amazing. Those colors are striking and the gold is so rich. I'm practically speechless... Bev

Becca Cruger said...

What a cool technique! It creates such a vibrant, artsy feel! Really gorgeous make!

Michelle said...

$8.00? That IS a good deal!
And you've turned it into a million bucks! This card is so elegant with the gold. Love it!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is gorgeous! Definitely has a stained glass look!

Kristie Goulet said...

This is so gorgeous, Kimberly! Lovely job masking. It sure does look like stained glass to me. Hope my mojo hits so I can play along.

Kristie Goulet said...

This is so gorgeous, Kimberly! Lovely job masking. It sure does look like stained glass to me. Hope my mojo hits so I can play along.

Leslie Germain said...

WOW!!! Amazing card!! LOVE the techniques you used - just beautiful!!!

I Card Everyone said...

It does look like stained glass! Oh I have to find some time this week ... love it!
=]

Jeanne J. said...

Wow this is stunning!!!

Kim Heggins said...

Kimberly...this is as stunning as can be! I love your gorgeous trees, it is like the are lit from within...just beautiful.

sandie said...

fabulous gold embossing-thanks for the inspiration x

© wienerhoneymooners. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.