Thursday, September 15, 2016

CAS-Mix it Up Challenge: REMINDER!


CAS Mix Up Card Challenge


Hello!  

This is my Reminder for this AWESOME
Monthly Challenge!!

I am very excited to guest for a wonderful design team and challenge:

Now I have been moving more towards mixed media, and this challenge is a real wonderful excursion for the CAS people, and non alike, 
to get tons of ideas on how to add some interest, texture and other elements, yet still keep a clean and simple design!!

I actually bought a marbling set some time ago.. and wouldn't you know I had a need for it!

Capture d’écran 2016-07-22 à 12.08.57



(if you want to see my NEW 1st debut stamp set - go here!) 
and been guesting too!  
And it is here:  The Monkey Surprise Set!




My Set- YAHOOOOOOO
 Hope that you LOVE!



I used the same MARBLING supplies as I did with my Initial card below!






For the marbling, I used this marbling kit.  
I dropped some drops in clean water in a large square plastic container.  I strongly suggest NOT to squeeze.  These bottles will bubble up when squeezed and the ink will keep dripping all over!..  Keep layering droplets of color..the water will look muddy, but it is marbling.
I tried several types of paper and for me, photo paper really worked the best.  
(TIP: Photo paper works AWESOME with stenciling)
I occasionally print photos, so I always have some glossy kodak or other photo paper on hand.  I always see it super cheap at thrift stores too and grab it.. It is especially made to grip ink and keep crisp vivid color.
I really suggest playing with it sometime..
I dipped the paper in and this lovely marbling effect remained!


I hoped that with all the DT inspiration 
and the videos, 
that you may try any number of marbling techniques and join in the fun!


SUPPLIES:

Simon Says Stamp Exclusive Thanks Die
(can this dies be a better steal? $3.99.. I think not!)
- Poppy Stamps Clean Hope and Thanks Clear Stamp Set
(OMG..awesome set!)
- Photo Paper
- Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Sequins
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink


MORE MARBLING INSPIRATION 
IN VIDEOS!






Thanks again to the lovely 
CAS Mix UP Team!

========================================= 
Now it is your turn to get crafty!!!............

Thanks for coming by my blog!

----------------

Create, Enjoy
Live, Laugh
and 
LOVE!

==========================

Bonnie said...

Congratulations on this fantastic stamp and die set, Kimberly! I'm so excited for you and I know this adorable monkey will find his way into many of our stashes! Love the marbled background that makes this card even more fun! Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer at CAS Mix Up this month. You have been such an inpiration!

Loll said...

Hi Kimberly. This card is SOOOOO ADORABLE!! I love your sock monkey! Such a fun stamp set ... congrats on starting your own line of stamps --- AWESOME!! Your marbled background with your fun stamps and mix of colours makes one sweet card. Thanks again for being our Guest Designer this month at CAS Mix Up! Loll xx

~amy~ said...

You know I love your new set!

What fun cards, love the marbling!

Lisa Elton said...

How cool is the marbling Kimberly!! Love your cute little monkey card!!

nancy littrell said...

How great Kimberly that you designed your cute monkey set and dies :-) Congratulations. I love your marbled background, fun kite and cute monkey. TFS and especially thank you for being our very talented Guest Designer this month on CAS Mix Up. Hugs, nancy

SugarGem said...

These are all super cute, Kimberly!!!

Susan said...

Love your sweet monkey - congratulations on your stamp set! Great marbling on all the cards on this post - we were thrilled to have you as Guest Designer at CAS Mix Up.

© wienerhoneymooners. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.